I do not know about you, but for me, it is not just a once-a-week type of thing. I change my toothbrush daily. That is right, every day!
If you are like me and have a hard time remembering to replace your toothbrush on time or are looking for the perfect excuse to take better care of your teeth, then this blog post is for you. Below are six compelling reasons that will motivate you to change your toothbrush once a day:
1. Changing your toothbrush regularly will prevent plaque from accumulating — which can lead to bad breath or gum disease.
2. You’ll always have clean and fresh breath.
3. Your bad breath could be caused by an old or worn-out toothbrush that is not capable of cleaning your teeth properly.
4. The bristles can start to spread bacteria and they might even fall off into your food and drink causing you to get an upset stomach and diarrhea if you are not careful.
5. Germ-laden toothbrushes can also spread bacteria to your family members, pets, and friends.
6. You will have a pretty smile all the time, not only when you brush your teeth with that fresh, clean feeling that you are used to.
So, are you ready to change your toothbrush?
There are different types of toothbrushes made from nylon bristles, plastic bristles, and even organic ingredients. Depending on your taste and needs, you can pick the one that works for you. However, remember that there are also types of toothbrushes that cost a lot of money and are not worth the investment. These products can introduce bacteria into your mouth or even get lodged in your teeth which can lead to health problems if left unchecked. You will probably also want to find out what kind of toothbrush cleans best for you so that you can be sure that your brush will work best for your teeth.
Water-based and gel-foam brushes are best for people who live in cold climates because they will not freeze like a regular toothbrush would if you leave it out overnight in a freezing area. Electric toothbrushes will keep the bristles at the ideal temperature while you are brushing. The closer to the ideal temperature your brush is, the better it will clean your teeth.
There are also multi-function brushes that can help you clean your teeth, remove plaque, and floss easily.
Before you go out and buy a new toothbrush, think about how often you really change your regular toothbrush. If you change it every day, then pick up a new brush to replace yours every day. But if you only change your toothbrush every week, it is optional to throw the old one away.
When you are choosing your new toothbrush, look for one that is made of biodegradable material. This will help the environment and it is better for you too.
Lastly, remember that taking good care of your toothbrush will last longer.